NRC Safety Products
The NRC Safety Committee, led by the efforts of John Zuspan of Track Guy Consultants and Stanley Beaver of Balfour Beatty Rail, has produced twenty-two separate Safety Training Videos for Railroad Contractors. The videos are available on DVD or USB thumb drive.
The video series is listed below:
- Safety with Railroad Hand Tools
- Safety with Railroad Power Tools
- Safety on Freight and Industrial Track
- Safety Around Railway Maintenance Equipment, Part 1
- Safety Around Railway Maintenance Equipment, Part 2
- Safety Around Transit Track
- Safety While Unloading Material
- Safety Around Hot Work
- Safety Around Thermal Adjusting CWR
- Safety Around Field Welds
- Safety on a Tie Gang
- Safety on a Rail Gang
- Safety Around Flash Butt Welding
- Fall Protection in the Rail Industry
- Building a Turnout and Special Trackwork
- Safety Around Handling CWR (New)
- Safety Around Replacing Grade Crossings Part 1 (Preparation)
- Safety Around Replacing Grade Crossings Part 2 (Execution)
- The Job Briefing
- 10 Years of NRC Safety Videos - a Highlight Reel and Summary
- Safety Around Hi-Rail Trucks
- Safety with Defensive Driving
How To Get the Videos:
These videos are complimentary to members of the NRC. If you are an NRC member and don't have a copy, contact the office by calling 202.715.1264 or emailing email@example.com.
If you are not yet a member, call 202.715.1264 or go to www.nrcma.org/form4.cfm to join and get a copy of the free videos.
Funding for the Safety Training Videos comes from proceeds of the NRC's Annual Railroad Construction and Maintenance Equipment Auction. Go to www.nrcma.org/ps.railroadequipmentauctions.cfm?ID=180 for more information.
Companies who contribute equipment to the NRC auction can either consign or donate that equipment. For equipment that is consigned, 3% of the sale proceeds go to the NRC Safety, Training and Education Fund. For donated equipment, 100% of the proceeds go the Fund.
The videos are rolled out 2 per year at the NRC Conference in January, and they have received widespread acclaim throughout the industry.
The NRC is proceeding forward with the production of additional videos to continue to promote safety in the workplace.
John Zuspan and Stanley Beaver are leading this effort, and doing an excellent job of it. Safety in the workplace is everyone's responsibility, and these videos are excellent tools to use to reinforce that.