The NRC’s Education Grant Program awards an education grant for a college, university or technical school within the United States with a railway construction, railway engineering or construction management program. The Program was established to positively impact the future of the railroad and railroad construction and maintenance industry by supporting an institution’s students, education and research efforts. The NRC welcomes grant applications from programs that provide or are looking to provide students with a foundation that would allow them to work successfully in the rail construction and maintenance contracting industry.
- Award Details - The NRC will award two $15,000 grants to each of the top two applicants. NRC Education grant funds are intended for targeted student educational and research purposes. Grand funds are not to be used for administrative, general fund or institution or program overhead costs.
- Eligibility – The grant is eligible to any college, university or technical school that has a program supporting the railroad industry, rail engineering education, construction management, or other related programs.
- Applications - The application process opens in the spring each year. The following materials are required of all applicants and will be posted here in the spring of 2020:
a. A completed 2020 Education Grant Program Application . Submission instructions are detailed on the application.
b. A completed and signed NRC Education Grant Terms and Conditions Form.
- The NRC Education Committee will base its evaluation based on the materials submitted. Any materials submitted past the deadline are not be accepted
- Deadline – The deadline will be announced once the application period begins. Applicants will be informed of their application status after Memorial Day. When the application period opens in 2020, future grant application materials can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, sent via Dropbox or similar program, or mailed to the NRC at 80 M Street, SE, Washington, D.C. 20003.
- 2019 Winners – Congratulations to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Michigan Technological University, recipients of the 2019 NRC Education Grant awards.